Monday, November 5, 2007

My Search for Kid Safety Apartment

As like many parents I also had a dream of buying a house and raise my children in, but that doesn’t come true in my case. My budget allowed me to go for a rental apartment. So I have decided to go for an apartment where my children feel safe and fun. And I am successful in this regard by the grace of god. I have found such apartment in one of the apartments in Philadelphia. But what did I look for in selecting one among them to be kids friendly. Let me share some of the things what you need to look in apartments in finding such apartments.

Safety is the first priority I have given in selecting my apartment. Beyond basic concerns like a well-made building, new and properly functioning appliances, adequate lighting around the complex, a gate to keep strangers out, and strong locks on the doors and windows, there are many other factors to consider. It’s important for children to be able to connect with other kids nearby, so make sure the area around the apartment building is safe as well. My child’s access to school is also extremely important to me. I won’t be driving my child to school. I have checked if there is a bus stop nearby. Will it be safe for child to walk to the bus stop? That is how I’ve chosen my apartment.

No comments: